Saturday 1 December 2012

Mistletoe in Manhattan



Author: Talli Roland

Published: November 2012

What They Say:

As Little Missington's first Christmas baby in fifty years and the daughter of 'Christmas When You Like It' party-planners, Holly West has been surrounded by the holiday spirit since birth. Trouble is, she's not exactly filled with festive cheer. In fact, Holly can't wait to ditch the tinsel and Santa suits for champagne and celebs, and become a party-planner to the stars.

When British film star Dean Layton hires her parents' company to throw his holiday bash in Manhattan, Holly jumps at the chance to help, confident she can handle a little Christmas in exchange for access to Dean's exclusive world.

But New York and Dean's over-the-top demands are more than Holly bargained for. Can Holly deck the halls and make it a party to be proud of, or will this Christmas be one she'll never forget . . . even if she wants to?

Note: Mistletoe in Manhattan is a novella.

What Sheli Says: I am a big fan of Talli Roland and was excited to read this Christmas novella as the novella she published last Christmas was what made me consider getting a Kindle as I felt I was missing out on novellas and self published or indie authors.

This novella is about a young girl who dreams of being a party planner and gets offered the chance of a lifetime to organise a celebrity bash in Manhattan. It is in-keeping with the rest of Talli Roland’s writing and is fun and romantic, but with a deeper storyline running through the book. I really liked the Christmassy feel of this novella and it has spurred me on to read some more festive books in the run up to the big day!

As an added bonus this novella also contains the first chapter of the author’s next book, The Pollyanna Plan. I will continue to read books from this author as I always enjoy them and look forward to seeing more books published in the future.

Sheli's Rating: 9/10

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, Sheli! I'm so pleased you enjoyed it - thank you for taking the time to read and review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a problem at all Talli! It was my pleasure and got me in a Christmassy mood! I look forward to reading more of your books.

      Delete